A downloadable fangame for Windows
In Papr World you play as an artist exploring the world of his drawings.
Submission for the Dream Diary Jam. Should be considered a very early demo, as I didn't really get to include anywhere near everything i wanted to. It features original music, digitized hand-drawn graphics, and a mix of both hand-crafted and procedurally generated areas to explore. As of right now it doesn't feature traditional Yume-nikki-style effects, but it does incldue a fair bit of item-based progression. I still tried to maintain the sense of nonlinear exploration that characterizes Yume Nikki and most of its fangames.
Developed by: Juan Carlos Hernández
- Hand-drawn graphics: Juan Carlos Hernández
- City tilesets used: GrandmaDeb's Modern Exterior Tiles, PandaMaru's Street Tiles
- Kai Monkey's Random Dungeons v2
- Yanfly's Parallax Lock
Music: Juan Carlos Hernández
(All music was composed by me. However, due to time constraints I was unable to compose an original track for every area like I originally wanted to, so in some areas I ended up having to use tracks from my older projects as placeholder music. I eventually plan to replace all of these with original tracks in a future update)
Notes and issues:
- Sometimes when you exit your house the game might display a window that looks like this while generating the city map. Just click accept and the game will still keep working normally. Not sure why this is happens, it started happening a couple days before the dealine and I wasn't able to find the issue on time, but it doesn't really affect the game in any way si I'll just fix it in an update when I find what the problem is.
- I had to include the default Runtime Package ata in the installer bc I used a few sprites and sound effects from it. I eventually plan to replace everything i used from the RTP with my own graphics and sounds, at which point I'll remove the RTP data from the installation.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Small fixesJun 26, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.